Monday, May 07, 2018

Baked Teriyaki Chicken


Just one of those days that I have to think of what to cook for dinner again.  I am switching to working part-time now so I have more times to spend with my girls as well as cook a healthier home cook meal for them.  They loved it of course because they missed it when I have no time to cook for them at all.  I miss my own cooking as well because I used all the best ingredients for my home cook meal and I know what I put in it.  Whereas, you have no idea what stuff they put in in a restaurant that served you.

Anyway,  trying out this Teriyaki sauce recipe posted by Taste and Tell.  Not bad at all.





Ingredients:

10 chicken drumsticks, cut into half or leave whole.  Marinate it with olive oil, salt and black pepper.

Teriyaki sauce recipe adapted from Taste and Tell Blog. with some modification.
1 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
5 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. mirin
1 Tbsp. honey
1 large  cloves of garlic, minced
1 small piece of ginger, minced
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Mix the above in a bowl.

(A)
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. potato starch
Mix the above in a small bowl, set aside.

Methods:

1.  Lay a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.   Lay the chicken on top and bake in preheated 450'F oven for 20 minutes.  Dish out and set aside.

2.  In a cooking pan, add in the teriyaki sauce.  Thicken it with (A).  Reserved half of the sauce for later use.  In the remaining sauce in the pan, add in the baked chicken pieces, stir to mix well and let the sauce thicken.  Dish out and serve hot!

2 comments:

Victor @ ifoodblogger.com said...

Oh, that looks like something I'd totally want to try. Great recipe!

Anonymous said...

nice recipe