Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting


My girls wanted to make their own birthday cake this year and they wanted a chocolate cake with a chocolate frosting.  So, I went back to use my trusted moist chocolate cake from Pusiva that I had made for Edda's 1st. birthday party.  I wanted a not too sweet chocolate whipping cream as the frosting for the cake and I played around with the recipe to come out with this.  It was a really good frosting so I had to pen it down here so that next time I know where to find it.

I made this 2 layers chocolate cake (with the help of my girls) with Nutella filling in the middle and chocolate whipped cream.  My girls decorated with some chocolate chips as well.  Overall, a very delicious chocolate cake I might say.  Very satisfied with the result.






Ingredients:

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup cane powder sugar
4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Methods:

Mixed all together in a big bowl.  Use an electric beater and beat until stiff peaks formed.  Should have enough to frost a 2 rounds 9" cakes.


Recipe taken from Pusiva with slight modification.

Moist Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda

2 tbsp coffee

1 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

3/4 cup water

Methods:

Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well. Beat in the coffee and vanilla essence. Gently fold in the flour mixture alternating with water. Start and end with the flour mixture.

Pour the batter into 2 greased 9" round baking pan. Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Cool completely before applying the frosting.

2 comments:

white and vintage said...

Oh, this cake looks so yummy! I would like to taste it.
Have a nice weekend!

Luxx Press said...

Love this recipe! Thanks for sharing..








www.ftstsp.com