Monday, April 27, 2015

Power O's Bars


This Power O's Bar was inspired by a YouTube video but that video didn't give out the measurement so I had to experiment with it.  I was short of chocolate chips hence mine was only covered 1/3 of the bars.  No worry though, the measurement that I gave below should be enough to cover the whole thing without fail.  Haha...

Anyway, I think this is a great way to finish up the half box of cereal that has been sitting in the pantry for ages.  I was attracted to this Power O's that was made with beans and non-GMO verified while I was shopping few months ago where they were given out sample to try at the store.  It was on promotion and did I say made with beans and non-GMO verified, so I was sold!  But my girls hardly eat them and prefer bread to cereal as breakfast so I have to make this into something that they couldn't resist and yet nutritional to them.  So, here it is!



Ingredients:

(A)
2 1/2 cups Power O's Strawberry 
1/2 cup roasted unsalted almonds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup coconut flakes

(B)
1/2 cup raw unfiltered honey
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder (cacao powder)

(C)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (non-GMO preferred)

Methods:

1.  In a large bowl, add in (A), mix well.  Set aside.

2.  Prepare a parchment paper lined small baking pan. 

3.  In a saucepan, add in (B), turn to medium heat and stir until blended.

4.  Pour the mixture into the bowl, quickly mix and blend well.  Then pour the mixture into the baking pan and flatten it with a spatula.

5.  Microwave the chocolate chips until melted, about 1-2 minutes.  Blend well and pour it on top of the Power O's bar and spread to cover the top part of the bar.

6.  Refrigerate for few hours before cutting into individual bars.  Put in air-tight container and keep refrigerated!  Enjoy!




1 comment:

Juliana said...

Nice bars, great to have it around for anytime of the day...
Hope you are having a great week :)