Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Magic Lemon Custard Pie


I wanted to try an easy magic custard pie recipe and I found this recipe that used a blender.  Just blend, pour and bake, super easy right?  So, with the request of my daughters since they loved eggs custard, I set up to try this recipe shared by Robyn.  It was watery before making, but after baking, it came to have three different layers.  Top crispy crust (turn soft when cold), egg custard in the middle and a base at the bottom.  Next time, I shall play with different flavors.






















         Before Baking                                                                  After Baking


I adapted this recipe from Robyn's Magic Custard Pie.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
4 large eggs
3/4 cup cane sugar
1 pinch sea salt
2 cups whole milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 lemon, zest
1/2 cup all purpose flour

Method:

1.  Put all ingredients into a blender and blend for 30 seconds.

2.  Line a round baking pan with parchment paper, spray both sides.  Pour the batter in.  You can use 9" glass pie pan, buttered.

3.  Bake at preheated 350'F oven for 45 minutes.

4.  Let it rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing.  Refrigerate leftover and enjoy it cold.  The flour will settle to make its own crust.




1 comment:

tigerfish said...

Sounds really easy! and I like that top crispy crust.