Monday, August 27, 2012

Brownie from Scratch


I used to buy brownie in a box because I liked the fudge liked texture and it was fool proof.  Or because I always thought brownie was hard to make?  But I stopped buying it after I was aware of partially hydrogenated oil, just like a lot of other things that I used to buy.  Anyway, both my girls have been bugging me to make brownie for them.  They loved brownie but I don't buy them in the store so I had to make it for them.  I found an easy recipe with great reviews and decided to try it (recipe link provided in the next page).  It was good and but not very fudge like, not sure whether I over baked it or not.  Nevertheless, my girls loved it!


Would definitely try this recipe again without the chocolate frosting.



The recipe of this homemade brownie can be found here.  Thanks Angie for the recipe!  :)  The only changes I made was cut the sugar to 3/4 cup.  It was still sweet with the chocolate kisses frosting that I used.

I didn't use the frosting provided but cut some chocolate kisses in half and lay it on top of the brownie and put it back into the oven for 1 minute and then spread it with a frosting knife.  Then, after it's cooled, I kept it refrigerated.  As you can see from the first two pictures.  The above picture haven't been refrigerated yet but my girls couldn't wait to eat it and had to eat one piece each before it was cooled.

10 comments:

Anh said...

lovely! I would say stay away from frosting the brownie. :>

You may want to try Alice medrich's cocoa brownie recipe! It's my to-go recipe.

PH said...

Your brownies looks pretty good. I was thinking of making some this weekend. Usually I prefer to slightly underbake it so that it is fudgy.

daphne said...

it's easy isn't it!! Brownies are my fav to make in short time! Yours looks so good, no wonder your kids love it.

WokandSpoon said...

I tend to underbake as well as I like them fudgy. These ones look very chocolatey!

Retno Prihadana said...

It looks good. Next time, instead of choco frosting you can try almond :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I can not remember when was my last time bake brownie, your brownie look very rich. Now you can bake more since your daughter love it.

Bakericious said...

I love brownie, your brownie look so dark in color.

Mich Piece of Cake said...

These brownies look so amazing!! Very rich and moist.

storm said...

does this brownie has a crackly shiny top?
baked quite a few brownies, all nice n yummy but missing those shinny crackly surface.
i only get them using the pre-mix sara lee's brownies but those are sooooo sweet

i tried this recipe, cut the sugar to 1/2 cup n still sweet!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Storm, I don't think this brownie has the crackly shiny top. Next time I would try 1/2 cup of sugar then as brownie has to be a bit sweet to be tasty. :)