Saturday, April 23, 2011

No Bake Strawberry Yogurt Cheese Cake


I saw this easy no bake cheese cake recipe while browsing the Albertson's ad. online.  What attracted me to this recipe was that yogurt was used instead of sour cream.  Most of the no bake recipe that I came across used sour cream, which was not in my shopping list.  So, I was glad to find this recipe.


Just liked the name implies, no baking required, just mixed all the ingredients together, add in gelatin and let it set in the refrigerator.  It was not bad at all, I quite liked it, especially it was so easy to make.  Definitely can be a dessert that I would bring to a potluck.

Happy Easter!!

I'm also submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #6 Say Cheese (April 2011) hosted by Jean of Noms I Must.




Recipe inspired by Albertson's monthly ad.

Ingredients:

  • 1 envelope (0.25oz) unflavored gelatin 
  • 1/4 cup boiling water
  • 2 (8oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup strawberry yogurt (or any flavored you prefer)
  • Raspberries preserved, as needed (optional)
  • 1 prepared 8" graham cracker pie crust (or make your own)

Method:

1.  In a medium glass or ceramic bowl, use an electric mixer to blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth.  Fold in yogurt.

2.  In a small bowl, empty the gelatin and add boiling water.  Stir until gelatin dissolves thoroughly.

3.  Fold in the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture until incorporated.

4.  Pour mixture into the pie crust.   Drop tsp. of raspberries preserved on top and try to swirl it with a toothpick.

5.  Cover with a cling wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.  Slice and serve.

16 comments:

Adina said...

I just made my first cheesecake today. It was good,but I wish I'd seen your recipe first. I like the no bake idea better.

Belinda @zomppa said...

This makes temptation to easy!!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

What a yummy cheesecake~I love absolutely anything that starts with a graham cracker crust :)

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious cheesecake colourful

daphne said...

ooo. Nice and easy! Not to mention healthy.. needed with this easter break.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I like yr yogurt cheese cake very much. I love to make one myself here at Spore.
Could you pls advise me, the measurement of one cup is equal to how many gram?
thank you.
Miss LH

The Sweetylicious said...

lovely cake! im sure it taste yummy! (: (:

Our Eyes Eat First said...

thats stunning. no bake and less calories? great post!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Mitinita, yeah this one is easy. :)

Belinda :)

Thanks Lizzy.

Thanks Torview.

Daphne, cheesecake is not healthy at all. :P

Miss LH, for one cup of yogurt, my guess is about 170gm. Shouldn't make any different with the cheesecake.

Thanks sweetylicious.

Thanks our eyes eat first.

emy@thehandiworks said...

Yogurt and cheesecake? Sounds like my kind of combination.

pigpigscorner said...

Pretty! Easy and delicious!

kathleen said...

Hello There, i have been trying to find good topic on google for my blog
and i found yours i found it very interesting i ve learn alot

thanks

Kathy
www.healthandwellnessconsultants.com

Quay Po Cooks said...

The word "NO BAKE" can never escape my eyes. This will be perfect for a hopeless baker like me:D

Jocie's Mom said...

No bake is the best! I'm a rubbish baker so any dish that doesn't require the oven is perfect for me :) Thanks so much for sharing

Unknown said...

Ohhh an easy dessert recipe. I must follow! :D it's been a long time since I made cheesecake...

Unknown said...

Ohh that looks so good.