Thursday, April 07, 2011

Easy Cheese Pasta


This is one super duper easy cheese pasta targeted for kids.  My girls loved macaroni with cheese, but I am staying away from the box kind (processed food).  So, I bought these tiny wheel, alphabet, flower pasta that I saw in a Hispanic market recently intended to cook something for my girls.  I thought of this idea based on the Korean spicy noodle with cheese post that I did recently.

I will provide pictures with illustration in my next post, so that you can use this easy method to cook for your kids too.

I am also submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers # 6:  Say Cheese! (for April) which will be hosted by Noms I Must.






1.  In a small saucepan, boil the water and cook the mini pasta per package instruction.  Add in some salt in the boiling water before cooking the pasta.  When cooked, drain and put the pasta back in the pot.  Add in two slices of American cheese (made with milk), 1/4 cup of milk and 1 Tbsp. of butter and stir to melt the cheese.  Note:  instead of milk, you can also use chicken/vegetable broth and go light or omit the seasonings.


2.  Season to taste with salt and black pepper.  You can add a little sugar if you like.  Serve when the cheese is completely melted.  You can use any flavor of cheese that you like or add breadcrumbs and bake it in the oven to finish.  Super easy right?

10 comments:

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

I also make the same dish in similar way for my boy minus seasoning. I usually mix with veggie puree as well.

tigerfish said...

I can see that your girls enjoy Western food such as Mac and Cheese but cannot take spicy food already! :p

daphne said...

It is super easy! I can't have too much of it due to the cheese but i can just imagineeeeee

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

this is easy like 123 !

Smoky Wok (formerly Tastes of Home) said...

super easy and tasty!

pigpigscorner said...

Wow, this is super easy!

Food For Tots said...

Looks so cheesy-licious! I must get my son to cook it for me. ;)

Morgan said...

That's so easy! I need to remember this for when I'm watching the kids and they want Mac and Cheese. This is so much better for them.

Janine said...

wow it seems so easy now that you've put it into pictures! gonna try it with my macaroni later tonight :)

Crystal said...

That looks SO easy! I grew up on Kraft Dinner but I'm also trying to find a healthier alternative.