Friday, October 29, 2010

Green Tea Pumpkin Seeds


I always wanted to roast some pumpkin seeds.  My opportunity came when I had a bag of pumpkin seeds given by a library event (pumpkin carving) that we went to.  I loved green tea flavor and so automatically I wanted to try green tea flavored roasted pumpkin seeds.  This is definitely good and make a great snack.  Me and my girls all loved it.

Since this was slow roasted for an hour, we can certainly pop the whole thing in the mouth.  It's totally edible with extra fiber and crunch.  You can taste the green tea and salt.  Of course if you choose to just eat the seed, you can do that too. I did that while watching my korean drama.  LOL!




Ingredients:

  • 1- 1 1/4 cup whole pumpkin seeds (cleaned, remove pulp and strings, wipe with paper towel and let dry)
  • 1 Tbsp. canola oil
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
  • 1 tsp. green tea powder or matcha

Method:

1.  Preheat oven to 275'F.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

2.  Mix the ingredients in a bowl and spread it on the foil lined baking sheet.

3.  Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.  Let cool and store in an air-tight container.

(Double the recipe for 2 cups of pumpkin seeds)

11 comments:

pigpigscorner said...

I tried this when I was in HK. So yummy and addictive.

Belinda @zomppa said...

Nice flavors!!!

Pete said...

He he, nice snack while watching tv!

High Plains Drifters said...

It's really been annoying me that so many pumpkin and squash recipes start with "remove and discard seeds." Thanks for reminding folks that there are lots o' cool things to do with them! cheers!

Anonymous said...

u could eat them with the seeds too? wow, i didnt know that. thanks for sharing!

Little Corner of Mine said...

I know pigpig, addictive. I have one more pumpkin to roast another batch. :)

Thanks Belinda. :)

I agreed Pete! :)

Yup high plains drifters. The seeds are actually delicious.

You are welcome crustabakes.

Noob Cook said...

I've never roasted my own pumpkin seeds and it looks so good!

tigerfish said...

You can eat the shells? :O

daphne said...

i never knew that it is easy to roast your own pumpkin seeds! less wastage too!! nicely done!

Babe_KL said...

I think want to try this next time when I buy pumpkin :D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Noobcook, you should, it's delicious!

Yes Tigerfish, we can eat the whole thing including the shell. :D

Thanks Daphne. It's like melon seeds, but taste better.

You should babe! I strongly recommend it. :)