Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kailan with Tofu



Another easy home cook meal from me. I tried Chai Hsin with tofu before and really liked it, so decided to stir-fry it with kailan this time. It turned out very good too. I guess now I can stir-fry the tofu with various kind of different Chinese greens and can come out with a healthy and delicious dish that good eaten with rice. What best is you only need oyster sauce to season it or just salt and soy sauce would do.

Ingredients:

  • Chinese Kailan, washed each leaf separately and cut thinly (I only used the leaves here)
  • Firmed tofu, cut like above picture
  • 1 small carrot, sliced
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • Oyster sauce to taste

Method:


1. In a wok, heat up with some oil. When hot, add in garlic and fry until fragrant but do not burn. Add in kailan and stir-fry well. Add in carrot and stir-fry for a minute.


2. Add in tofu, oyster sauce and a little water. Stir well to mix, be careful not to break the tofu too much. Dish out and serve hot.

10 comments:

Food For Tots said...

The combination sounds so healthy and delicious! I luv this simple meal.

Noob Cook said...

very healthy! I think I don't eat enough veg at home :P

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Usually i cook with pork, if like you use tofu, it can become a vegetarian dish, healthy and delicious.

Unknown said...

classic combo :)

i love kai lan better than chai sin, i guess cos it's more nutty

daphne said...

oh yum! yes, certainly a very healthy dish. I like to add lots of garlic and sometimes chili (but i suppose with kids that will be harder!)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks ladies. :) I always make sure I have a veggie dish at each meal.

tigerfish said...

Healthy dish :)

sock peng said...

yummy yummy

lisaiscooking said...

This looks so light and delicious! The broth from the oyster sauce and water must be delicious with the tofu.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Right on lisa! Matches so well. :)