Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hooray! My Edda is Weaned!


A pat on the back for me because I finally weaned my 22 months old daughter. Weaning her was fairly easy because I knew she could understand me well. At first I was thinking to only start weaning her after she turned two. But that one fine night (last week) when she wanted to have some, I didn't know what happen but I started to "TALK" to her while carrying her and looked her into the eyes. I told her she is a big girl now and she shouldn't ask for mommy milk anymore. I asked her to look at her elder sister, whether she have seen her sister asking for mommy milk or not? I told her no right because her sister is a big girl and she doesn't need mommy milk and so is she. I told her she is a big girl now too and should stop asking for mommy milk and be a big girl just like her sister. Well, she fell asleep in my arms that night without any resistant. So, I persisted with the same conversation the next day and the following day. Sometimes she just fell asleep in my arms, one or two times she would make a fuss about it but again I gave her the same speech. Now, whenever she is sleepy, she just lay down on the sofa and sleep on her own. Great huh? One more thing, she also has been sleeping through the night, so no more interrupted sleep for me. ^.*


*She is blowing a kiss to you*

My next challenge now would be to move her and her sister into a room. Since she is sleeping through the night, when ever her daddy is ready to convert her crib into a toddler bed, we are ready to move both of them. Guess now I am waiting for my hubby to get the job done (might takes forever since he doesn't like to do this kind of thing!). Sigh! Maybe have to use a cane to force him, then he will do it! LOL! (just kidding!) :P

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on weaning off Edda. It seems like she's ready to be weaned and it sounds like an easy progress.

I'm having a rough time here trying to coax my 18 months girl to try drinking other sources of milk before I wean her off later.

BTW, 1st time here, and I simply loved the recipes here. Will certainly come back for more cooking inspiration.

Sweet Jasmine said...

Congrats to both of you...mummy can now sleepy peacefully and Edda is a big girl now..she is really cute.

Sweet Pea 48 said...

Your little girl is very cute!

Beachlover said...

congratulation mommy and Edda!!.I didn't know wean milk is so hard.Mishu have breast milk until 4 months old.At that time,I have root canal,took fews jab,doctor advise me not to feed her breast milk...after a week or vacation,she refused to have mommy milk anymore.I guess evry child is different..Must salut you breast milk her until 22 month old!!Normally,mommy just let their baby have formula after 1 year old.In a way you save a lot of $$$!! lol!1

Zoe said...

Your daugther is so cute :-) Tai Ke ai le ! Thank you for sharing.

-Zoe

aiknhoon said...

Ching, Edda is SO ADORABLE!!! And look at her hair! Erin still doesn't have a lot of hair...

Congrats on weaning Edda and made it to 22 months, job well done! I wish mine was that easy. I weaned Erin a month ago, but with 3 days of crying. Erin has been sleeping through the night too, after weaning. But I still have to wake up at night, because of Tyler...he'safraid of dark/monster now! Not sure how to make him sleep through the night without waking up.

Ning's Mummy said...

Edda is ohh.. so... sweet... i wish i could grab her out of my screen and give her a big hug and kiss.. haha..

And congrats, i was so relieved when ning weaned just before she turns 2 too, so i understands how its like.

Anonymous said...

Edda is soooooooooooooo cute , feel like want to cubit her pinky cheek lah... wah, u can tahan till so long - 2 years !!

Unknown said...

oh gosh...how adorable! ^_^ i just wanna pinch her cute lil chubby cheeks! (softly ya)

SIG said...

Hahahaha! Use that cane on daddy! But it's ok to breastfeed till 2yrs, right? Or is it because it's a habit for her before she sleeps?

SIG said...

By the way, Edda is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!

Anonymous said...

awww, your girl is soooooooooo cute .... *hearts melt* ... aiyoh... she's soooo adorable!!! xoxo

daphne said...

yay!!! That's great news. Makes things easier for u now that she is wean as well? =)

Jin Hooi said...

awwww.. your girl is so cute!!!

Baking Fiend said...

Little Edda is such a sweetie! Congrats on reaching the weaning milestone. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Kerry. Yes, do come back and visit. Yes, my girl won't take powder milk at all (it stink pretty bad, can't blame her). So I buy the chocolate powder with less sugar and mix in with her morning fresh whole milk. At least she has that.

Thanks sweet jasmine.

Thanks sweet pea and welcome to my blog.

Thanks beachlover, I did save a lot of money from not using formula. ;)

Thanks Zoe. 很可爱吧?很多人都这么说. :)

Thanks hoon. Yes, I like her hair long, I have yet to cut any of her hair from the back off, it's from her baby days until now. :P Yeah, that's what Evy told me, she is afraid of the dark & monster so I'm planning to put them in a room together so that she won't have an excuse to say anything anymore.

Thanks Ning's mummy. Finally no one is pulling up my shirt in public and ask for milk anymore.. LOL! It's great!

Thanks Janet. 是呀,没办法!

Hehe...thanks Rita.

Thanks SIG, it's also became a habit for her to fall asleep. Thus, need to wean her lor.

Thanks noobcook. :)

Definitely daphne. :)

Thanks Lao Cha.

Thanks baking fiend.

ICook4Fun said...

Edda is so adorable. I really love her long black hair. Wish I can have her black hair :)

Anonymous said...

hi, i know everyone has said it already, but your daughter is soooooo cute! this is my first visit to your blog. i'm a SAHM too, just starting to wean my daughter at one year old now.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Gert. ;)

Welcome to my blog mc! And thanks for your compliment on Edda. Good luck at your weaning!

Lore said...

Yay, congrats that is wonderful news! She is soooo cute!!!

Unknown said...

Edda is soooo cute...looks smart too... lucky you to have a gorgeous little girl... :)

Par said...

Wow this is great news.
And she is so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That was exactly what I did with my daughter several months ago. I talked to her, letting her know that she was a big girl and big girl drinks milk. It was quite easy and she finally slept through the night too!!! :-)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Lore. :)

Thanks Mikky. Thus far both my girls are pretty smart. :P

Thanks Ms_2be.

Thanks and congrats to you too Anon! :)

LittleHands said...

Edda such a big girl liao. She's so so cute and pretty! :-)

Arabic Bites said...

Your little girl is soooo cute!