Thursday, April 12, 2007

Canton Noodles



To Tatiana:

This is one good dried yellow noodle to buy. You can stir-fry it in black sauce, put it in soup or pan-fry it with some oil to make it crispy and then pour the seafood gravy on top.

This is different than the one I cooked at Evy's birthday but since I don't know when I will go to Denver, I posted this for you instead. I just tried this brand and think this is way better than the other brand and probably won't be getting that brand anymore. So, do give this canton noodle a try instead!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ching
Thank you very much for posting the picture of the noodles. Will look out for it the next time I go grocery shopping. Thanks again :-)
Tatiana

Anonymous said...

Hi! I enjoy reading your food entries alot, please keep them coming!

So how do you use these noodles? Do you soften them in boiling water? Hot water or ?

Thanks! :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

You are welcome Tatiana. :)

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the feedback, glad to know someone likes to read my food entries. :P

For the noodle, you need to soften it in boiling water and quick rinse under cold water.

Anonymous said...

Recently, I saw this in my grocery store and was wondering how to use them. Thanks for yours tips. May I know if I want to deep fry them, will I still need to soften them first in boiling water and then deep fry them or can I deep fry them directly from the package? Thank you.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Sharon,
I would soften them before I deep-fried. :)