Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sweet Corn Konnyaku Jelly



I saw this recipe at Yochana's blog and decided to give it a try. My elder daughter loves jelly and I was looking for other simple recipes to try besides my usual. This recipe caught my eyes because I have all the ingredients in my pantry, so all I have to do is to take it out and make it.

One note to make though I used 10gm of konnyaku powder instead of 15gm noted because my packet of Redman Konnyaku powder comes with 10gm. I followed the rest of her recipe the same and it turned out great. Also make sure you buy the extra creamy cream corn, would taste better in my opinion (I used the normal cream corn and would prefer otherwise).

Yochana, thank you for the recipe! :)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Look so pretty!! No wonder your daughter loves jelly...they are cute!! :)

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Very cute! I like your jelly molds.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Your Jelly looks great, but I compare yours to Aunty Yochana's photo, its different
Qns as follows :
a) Did you follow her recipe exactly ?
b) What brand of Konnyaku Jelly you use ?
c) Thought of using evapourated milk. Is it ok ?
d) Why its two layer ?
My two children also like jelly so would like to try this. Yours look yummy.

Linda (Singapore)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Linda. Yeah I also don't know why it looks different. Anyway, as I listed above,
a&b) I used one packet of Redman 10gm Konnyaku powder, so this is different from her recipe.
c) Yes, you can substitute the coconut milk with evaporated milk or milk.
d) Mine is two layers because the corns sank down to the bottom. :)