Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pineapple Tarts



It is still too early for pineapple tarts isn't it? But I made some for my mom to try since I was still able to do some baking while my mom was here. You can find my recipe here. I was trying with some new cookie cutters that I bought in Malaysia and man...were it hard to use. Finally managed to find one that was easy enough to use (shown above), guess will have to shop for more design the next time I go back. This is one cookie that takes a lot of time to make and can finish in a day!



I also made some kuih bangkit for her to bring home for my sister who loves this cookie. I tried it with the pincher and it turned out prettier than the plain cut out one I did before.


Note: I updated the pictures for better viewing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's never too early for pineapple tarts! Make them whenever u feel like it..hehe

Unknown said...

Ching, these are very pretty :)

Anonymous said...

wow, you have been very busy cooking and baking..
your tarts are pretty ...

happy belated one month b'day to your lovely baby.

Alicia said...

Yup...there's no such thing as too early for pineapple tarts, in fact if they are not so troublesome to make, a daily dose of it would be good too!! hehehehe

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Angie and Peony!

Agreed Lin and buzz2, a daily dose of it would be great. Wish I could have more but really it's a bit too troublesome to make. My hubby pops 12-20 in one go, this tarts just finish too fast!