Thursday, November 02, 2006

Confinement Food - Mee Sua Soup



This is the mee sua soup that I have for lunch most of the times. My mom cooked for me for the first three weeks and I cooked the above myself. It actually pretty delicious.

Recipe:

Sesame oil
Shredded gingers
1 large egg, beaten
Cut sweet snap peas/ snowpeas (optional)
ground pork

Season to taste with soy sauce, salt and sugar.

Method:

1. Heat the wok with sesame oil and when hot, add in the shredded gingers and stir-fry until slightly brown, add in the egg. Stir-fry for a little while and add in the amount of water you want (for soup).

2. When boiled, add in the ground pork (drop it in like meat balls). Boiled until the ground pork balls are cooked, season to taste with the seasoning above.

3. Quickly boil another pan of hot water and drop the dried mee sua to soften. This only takes a second, dish out and place in a bowl. Scoop in the soup and enjoy it immediately.

10 comments:

Edith said...

this is the first time i see mee sua soup as a confinement food but definitely looks delicious. Send my kisses to your babies.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! I love mee sua and really miss it, my mom used to cook that for me too back in SG...but I wonder if I can find mee sua here??

Little Corner of Mine said...

Edith,
Thanks, kisses sent to my daughters! :)

Lin,
Yes, you can definitely buy the mee sua here. I got my mee sua at the oriental store here.

Gracio said...

Ching!!welcome back!! I miss u!! :)

Yummy! I only get to eat mee sua once a year which is during CNY, which my grandma cooks. I miss those!!

Hope u're better now ya? How's everything coming along? :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you posting recipes again! Your mee sau soup looks delicious!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks Gracio. :) I'm about back to normal now except I still have some extra pounds to lose. What to do, I ate a lot during my confinement month. :P Taking care of a baby and a toddler is definitely not easy, I don't know how I will cope when my mom goes home. *scare to think about it now*

Thanks vh. Will post more soon!

Anonymous said...

ok I will look for it next time I go grocery shopping :) Any good brands to recommend?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Lin,
Yes, look for one that has the picture of an old man and old lady on the cover. I got the Caravelle brand from China. Good luck in your search!

Doc said...

Ah nice mee sua, my wife had to eat it too. I like it but it is very gingery to get rid of the wind! Anyway I had some mee sua today...but ak thui mee sua!

http://makanpenang.blogspot.com/2006/10/ak-thui-mee-sua.html

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi doc,
Thanks for stopping by and yes this is a nice mee sua soup. Hmmm...kinda miss it actually...LOL!