Thursday, March 16, 2006

Crabmeat Cream Corn Soup

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Featuring one of my home cook dishes.

Ingredients:

~ 1 egg, lightly beaten
~ 1 canned of creamy corn
~ Shredded wood ear fungus
~ 1 small canned of crabmeats
~ 1/2 cup of cubed tofu pieces
~ 2 canned Swanson chicken broth


Thickening:
Potato starch + water

Method:

In a big saucepan, add in the chicken broth. Turn up the heat and let it boil.

When boiled, add in the above ingredients except egg. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.

Turn the heat off and add in the beaten egg, when pouring the egg, write 8 with it with a chopstick so that it has the egg drop effect.

Lastly, add in the thickening and stir until the soup thicken.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Arr..Ching, another warming soup for the cold night, is it warmer now?

Tazz said...

I cooked this soup once, but I think the frozen crabmeat that I used caused the soup to taste funny. I think the soup will be tastier with fresh crabmeat. But then, I can't handle the armoured ones. *lol*

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hi Angie,

It's warmer but I heard a cold front might be coming soon. The weather here is so unpredictable, we still get some snow during April.

Hmmm... Tazz, tak tau leh. I used the canned one and it was so tiny it almost disappeared in the soup. I don't think I could really taste the crabmeat in this soup. :(

FooDcrazEE said...

better to use fresh meat - easy. brace urself to kill the poor crustacean - rip off the top shell . That will instantly kill them like if i got my head chopped off. sounds gross eh ? chuckle.

Easier way is to boil a pot of water and dump the crab in for about a minute. Then remove the shell and meat. Easy right ?

Tazz said...

Mike, the way you described is so funny! *lol* But me can't bear to do all that! Hahaha...

My sis said to put the live crabs in the fridge for a few hours. -_-"

Little Corner of Mine said...

Foodcrazee, yup the first step you described is pretty gross, don't think I can do that. More like a man job!

The second is more like it, easy and not that cruel. Hahaha....