Tuesday, December 27, 2005

MeMe - You are What you Eat

I got tagged by Tazz to write this Meme, in which I have to write my top 10 favorite food. Got to say, I'm not someone who likes to do this meme homework. Hahaha... Just not a person who likes any kind of homework, not even in college! Anyway, here it is:

1. Nasi lemak - I just love this fragrant oily rice. The coconut rice mixed with spicy anchovy sambal, a little roasted peanuts, some hard boiled egg and crunchy fresh cucumber, can I say YUM!

2. Chicken - I eat chicken all the times because it's healthy and low fat. Normally I buy skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut it into strips and use it for my stir-fry.

3. Vegetable - A must have for my daily cooking. I can't do without veggies because it provide us with fiber, antioxidant and all the good stuff that our bodies need. Not to say delicious too!

4. Garlic - Garlic lover here, the more the merrier. Nothing can beat lots of fresh garlic with some chilli padi in light soy sauce as a condiment with rice. I use it in stir-frying my veggies, make garlic oil for noodle soup, fried rice and more.

5. Tofu - I love all kind of tofu. Soft tofu for my mapo tofu, firm tofu to pan-fry, deep-fried tofu (tau kwa) for curry noodle, pork dish, bak kut teh, taufu fah as a dessert, even sweet soy bean milk. What's more is it's good for our bodies!

6. Chinese Herbal Soup - Oh yeah, I love it! I like Tung Kway and ginseng just to list two because I can't named the others (too difficult to remember). I will try my best to cook it at least once a week for my family, normally with chicken drumsticks or pork bones.

7. Fish - Loveee fish. BUT not all kind of fish though. I don't fancy red meat fish at all like salmon and tuna. I know it's good for me, but I just can't stomach the firmer texture of the fish meat. Love fish steamed or deep-fried, yummy. Oh, definitely not raw like in sushi. Hahaha....

8. Crab & Lobster - This I like but we seldom eat it because it's not cheap. We normally eat it for special occasion or once in a while treat. I like lobster in cream sauce and salt & pepper crabs.

9. Mee Siam & Mee Hoon - Grew up loving it and thus I enjoy eating it now. It's quick and easy meal for my lazy weekend or holiday.

10. Steamboat - steamboat is best enjoy with lots of people, mainly your family, relative or friends. It gave me a sense of unity and closeness whenever I had steamboat. I guess partly because my mom always made steamboat on CNY eve, so I associated it with family unity. The piping hot sweet chicken stock with all sort of seafood, meats, veggies, tofu, fish balls, etc...ahhhhh.

Okay, now the fun part of passing this meme over to:

Lily- Wai Sek Hong

Rantings from a Solidary Reverie

My Kitchen- My Laboratory



2 comments:

Tazz said...

Thanks Ching for completing the assignment! :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

No problem Tazz! Lin and Fonia were super fast, so I had to rush it too or else no one to pass it to. :P It doesn't say I have to attach picture to each right?